Donruss Draft Day Recap...
April 28, 2008
When the commissioner called University of Idaho LB David Vobora's name, making him this year's Mr. Irrelevant, the 2008 NFL Draft came to an end. Its time for our favorite teams to get down to business and time for US to get down to the business of collecting cardboard. This year's first round saw a run on offensive and defensive lineman, but we saw a few skill position go in there.
Here's a few highlights from this year's NFL Draft:
- The suspense was taken away earlier in the week by the Dolphins who announced they had reach terms with offensive lineman, Jake Long, thus making him the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.
- As projected, Matt Ryan and Darren McFadden were the first quarterback and running back taken. McFadden should get the starting job and make an immediate impact, making his cardboard the hottest from the class. Ryan will challenge for the starting spot, thus making him the next rookie to take the snap and run for daylight...
- Jonathan Stewart became the second running back taken, going higher than expected to the Carolina Panthers. Rashard Mendenhall fell, but that might be a good thing for collectors as the former Illinois RB will now be putting the pads on for the heavily collected Steelers.
- Joe Flacco's stock was on the rise before draft day and he cashed in becoming the second QB taken, going to the Baltimore Ravens.
- No wide receiver was taken in the first round, but names like Donnie Avery, Malcolm Kelly and DeShaun Jackson will still demand hobby bucks!
To see a complete run-down of the guys that will be on the hobby hotlist, check out the Donruss Rookie Leaderboard at: